~ Totally Undeserving of the James Beard Award

~ Completely Undeserving of the James Beard Award ~

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

What the...


I thought I would just write a short note to those who are saying what the heck is the “Better to Burp” all about?

That was a saying my Dad would say…”Better to burp and bare the shame than not to burp and bare the pain”…and he would usually say it so fast, as a kid I could not figure out what all the words were.

Behind that in the black, the top saying is from an old record I would listen to over and over, Disney’s Mickey and the Beanstalk.  Goofy is singing this phrase as they are near starvation and he is wishing for all of this food.

“Turkey, lobster, sweet potato pie, pancakes piled ‘till they reach the sky,. Oh I wanna eat and eat until I die. Lots of starches, lots of green, lots of fancy covered beans!”

The bottom saying is from a saying my Father-in-law would say to my wife, something she has also remembered over the years.

“Ham and eggs, chicken legs, a big fat juicy roast, sliced tomatoes, French fried potatoes and a thousand pieces of toast.”

No comments:

Post a Comment